As I have mentioned over the past couple months, growth in Australia has been fairly static across most networks. However we are still seeing Facebook and Instagram growing their userbase, and small niche apps coming along and gaining popularity.Social Media Statistics Australia August 2015
1. Facebook 14,000,000 users (steady)
2. YouTube 13,900,000 UAVs
3. WordPress.com 5,700,000
4. Instagram 5,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Facebook/ Instagram data)
5. Tumblr 4,200,000
6. LinkedIn 3,600,000
7. Twitter 2,791,300 Active Australian Users (see calculation)
8. Blogspot 2,700,000
9. WhatsApp 2,400,000 Active Australian Users (see calculation)
10. TripAdvisor 2,150,000
11. Snapchat 2,000,000 approx Monthly Active Australian Users (see calculation)
12. Tinder 1,750,000 Australian users (my estimation)
13. Yelp 1,550,000
14. Flickr 630,000
15. Pinterest 320,000
16. Reddit 135,000
17. MySpace 85,000
18. Google Plus approx 55,000 monthly active Australian users (my estimation *revised*)
19. StumbleUpon 43,000
20. Foursquare/Swarm 22,000
21. Digg 16,000
22. Delicious 14,000
Facebook in AustraliaThe global userbase of Facebook now stands at 1.49 billion monthly active users. In Australia we have 14 million monthly active users, or approx 0.93% of the total Facebook population, ie almost 1% of Facebook's total audience in Australian.
Key Points to Note:Most networks including Facebook and Instagram see no growth this month.
Contribute data Do you have any of your own research from your work or social media agency than can help us with our Australian stats? Feel free to contact us and share your information.Want to source our stats/ copy and paste them onto your website? Our work is licensed under Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0.
You are welcome to copy and paste our stats, just include the following text and links at the start of your article:
Stats courtesy: Vivid Social Research Division. Figures correct as of 31/08/15.
|Tags: Social Media|
RT @CityNewcastle: Newcastle: Australia's host city for the 2021 Women's Rugby World cup bid. Retweet if you think we'd make a great host c…
5 hours ago
to stay up to date and get great marketing tips for your business!